Thursday, November 10, 2011

ELF Studio Blushes

Hey guys,
I recently hauled in some of ELFs studio line and purchased 4 of the blushes. In the swatches below the colors are from left to right: Mellow Mauve, Tickled Pink, Candid Coral, and Peachy Keen. This is a pic of my inner wrist and forearm area and I have a fair to medium skin tone with cool under tones... I think. Please correct me if I'm wrong lol.
Grey day sunlight

Indoor lighting
From what I can tell these seem to be the more popular shades. I've seen Candid Coral used in a lot of youtube tutorials, but the color I've been loving on me is Mellow Mauve. I've been using the Clinique Blushing Blush Powder Blush in Cupid ($20) and the textures and finish feel rather similar to me. The texture and blending ability also reminds me of my old Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Color in Rose Petal ($24), but with a different finish. However the ELF ones are $3 each for about the same amount of product is a great deal if you find a shade you like :) I will def restock on Mellow Mauve when I hit pan but the other ones... Idk yet. I think the two lighter ones I will use in the spring/summer and I might start using Tickled Pink soon. For now its Mellow Mauve though!

The good:
-These have a very silky texture and easy to blend to give a natural flush of color.
-They have a natural semi-matte silky sheen when applied with a brush.
- Good and lasting pigmentation.

The bad:
- One of these is redundant with the one in the blusher/bronzer pallet when seen in person... :( I think it was Candid Coral. I would not have gotten 2 of the same thing that it is the wrong season for haha.

In the End:
I do really love high end makeup, especially blushers, but I think my $20+ colors got a run for the money with these! If they come out with more colors that work well for me I will def be collecting those as well :)

XO KP

No comments:

Post a Comment