Friday, October 28, 2011

Samples! 10/28/11

Things that I am currently trying out:
Lancome's Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate
http://www.lancome-usa.com/
Deluxe 100 point sample from Sephora



Sekkisei's Lotion
Sekkisei's White Powder Wash
Sekkisho's Perfect Cleansing Oil
http://www.kose-usa.com/whatsnew.asp?view=whatsnew

Small samples from a local asian boutique.
The lotion bottle is actually empty.
Since many people are not familiar with the second company: Sekkisei and Sekkisho are owned by a Japanese company called Kose. Kose has many other lines and the prices for those lines varies from affordable to premium. Only two premium lines have made it to the US, one is called Awake and the other is Sekkisei. In the Sekkisei company there are 3 main sub groups: the original Sekkisei, Sekkisho, and Junkisui. The Sekkisei sub group can further be divided into the even pricier premium lines that Kose offers. Sekkisho sub group is concerned with the skin's purity so it features products like cleansing oil and masks while Junkisui is a collection meant for oily skinned people.

This will be the last day of Sekkisei's Lotion sample for me. It works really well to control my oil and skin pH so that my skin feels relaxed and soft. This isn't Kose's line for oily skinned people which is why I find it a bit weird that it controls that for me, but it was a nice surprise for sure.  I really like it, but the one thing holding me back from getting it would be the price.

I've used a powder wash and cleansing oil from DHC before so I will be comparing those from memory since I used up the DHC products a while ago.
*Update!: The Sekkisho cleansing oil definitely felt a lot more luxurious than the DHC one, but for the price and functionality DHC is definitely a better value. If you have the money and want to give the more luxe line a try, then reach for the Sekkisho. Its really nice and slippery and has a wonderful fragrance too. On another note, the powder wash made my neck skin break out in a rash! Unfortunately I have very sensitive skin, but on the bright side it also recovers quickly. It burned pretty badly in the shower all of a sudden, but the inflammation is down and more or less gone in under 24 hours but still.... :(

The Youth Activating Concentrate is supposed to stimulate the genes that are more active in the skin of younger people. My assumption, correct me if I'm wrong, is that this serum is meant to boost things like collagen production by turning on genes that the cells no longer really use because they have aged. As someone who wants to make a profession in skin care I'm rather fascinated with this and I hope that it lives up to my expectations.

I will update when I have finished the samples. The Lancome sample is deluxe sized from Sephora so it will likely take a while to finish. The Kose samples are from a small asian cosmetics boutique near where I live.

XO KP

No comments:

Post a Comment